Monday, September 27, 2010

Love Song for Lake Murray

My reading cave doesn't afford many opportunities for escape.  My mind is a reading cave, it seems. The internal voice that speeds through hundreds of pages a day won't shut off!  Even in my dreams I am outlining essays and scribbling notes and reading invisible books.  The words don't stop.  I need my own kind of anti-drug to prevent this sort of craziness.  I guess it would be something like an anti-crazy.

And so there is Lake Murray.


Ahhh...silence.   Here my internal outliner is quieted as I take the Asics and "This American Life" for a walk around the lake.  Warm air, fresh breeze, endless trail, and Ira Glass: my anti-crazy.

In gratitude, dear Lake Murray, I dedicate this lovely little tune to you.




Grooveshark Widgets - Music Playlists for Your MySpace & Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment